As some of you may know, my last day at Spark Energy will be on the 27th of January (*job posting here*). But this got me thinking… what kind of fun should I partake in on my last week here, under the general idea of, “what are they gonna do – fire me?”
Here are my initial thoughts:
- Join in random conversations that we’ve been overhearing all year because people are talking too loud.
- Get progressively more casual throughout the week, culminating in Friday Robe Day!
- Only participate in meetings entirely in Chinese, Iambic Pentameter, in Olde English, or Pictionary.
I’ll take your additional suggestions in the comments!
Ever feel like telling off your rude co-workers, but didn’t quite have the words? Here they are. I can’t claim credit: it was written by my coworker Jon Bowers. Enjoy!
My Open-Office Workfest Manifesto*
1. My 3 year old understands what an inside voice is. He also poops himself, eats peanut butter bread off the floor and watches Cars 2 seventeen times a day. You don’t even have “inside voice” down. You went to College. Think about it.
2. Turn off your phone. You are not cool or an individual because you found a rare Kanye B-side. You are a loser with bad taste in music. Really bad. Seriously, Kanye? You’re like 55?!?!